Process for an individual acquiring a Suppressor from Adventure Shooting Sports:
1. Select and purchase the suppressor of your choice.
2. Once you have purchased the suppressor, we will provide you with the transfer form (with transferor and suppressor information completed) in duplicate, Certification of Compliance forms, and fingerprint cards necessary to submit to the ATF for approval.
3. Fill out your portion of the “Application for Tax Paid Transfer and Registration of Firearm” forms in duplicate, sign and date (ATF Form 4 Instructions are provided).
4. Fill out “Certification of Compliance with 18 U.S.C. 922(g)(5)(B)” (ATF form 5330.20) in duplicate. This form is basically certifying that you are not a “nonimmigrant alien”.
5. Complete fingerprint cards in duplicate at local Police Station.
6. Have your local Chief Law Enforcement Officer (CLEO) sign your ATF form 4s in duplicate.
7. Attach a 2”x 2” photograph of yourself to both form 4s and submit 2 form 4s, 2 Fingerprint cards and 2 Certification of compliance forms along with your $200 check to the ATF at the address provided. It is recommended you send all paperwork via Certified Mail.
8. Wait… The ATF transfer will take several months.
9. After your application is reviewed by the ATF and your tax stamp is issued, your form 4 with attached stamp will be mailed to us. Once we receive the approved transfer we will contact you and you can pick up your suppressor.
10. Please contact us if you have any questions.